My annual trip to Jaffna......with hotel and other recommendations!

Hello. I’m just going to write a small record of my annual family trip which began on 23rd.

Day 1:-


It was only my parents, mother’s mother, father’s parents, aunt and Kaushalya mama. We started off at about 6:00 am. We ate breakfast halfway. The road we came along was natural beauty at its peak. Yeah, nature is quite unpredictable and its beauty can increase the next minute, but it was just as amazing. The wind, the sounds of the animals, the view, seeing and listening to that was a great feeling. As we reached Jaffna through the sea, we got a glimpse of the ever blue and amazing sea.
There were solar panels along the road, used for street lights. Why don't we see this throughout the country? This country doesn't lack sunlight. I would like to see such methods of energy management used all around.
Not to brag, but I took a really good picture. Eventually, we reached our destination, Old Park Villa,the hotel we stayed in last time. It's a really nice hotel (Holy moly, I just promoted a hotel). After a wash we headed off to the Jaffna Dutch fort.



I took another ‘masterpiece’ picture (LOL). Then after a 40 minute tour, it started raining, much to the nightmare of the adults and my euphoria. Yes, I loved it. My hair was all wet and I was soaked from sole to crown. Of course, I got scolded by my grandmother and mother. But it was worth it. Then a bath, a good dinner and downloading some more songs into my song list ended the day



You should try it. Escape the urban hubbub to the natural countryside and feel free. Hold your face to the sun and feel the fresh breeze sweep you off your feet. See and feel the grass sway and enjoy the sound of the fresh earth as it crunches beneath your feet. If it rains, try not to run towards shelter. Feel the rain drops on your face and just go crazy. That moment you spend may never come again, live it. (Wow, cheesy.)
And while you’re at it, enjoy the sunset.

Day 2:-
We left for Nagadeepa at 8:00 in the morning after a good typical Tamil breakfast. But woe behold! The line was longer than the path to hell! We didn’t want to waste 3 hours just waiting in a line under the burning sun. So we turned back. We thought of visiting the Nallur kovil but it was closed.


So we just went to the RIO ice cream shop (Did I just promote that?) and everyone except me ate ice cream. FYI, I hate ice cream. Yup, I do. Why? Neither do I know. Afterwards, we didn’t eat lunch.
Then we went to Sandilipayi. No. Before that, we went to Kadurugoda (Kandarodai) where the ancient Buddhist vihara Kadurugoda vihara is situated. (You should check it out. It’s historic.)



Then we went to Sandilipayi.
This was a small village where my father says that the person who wrote ‘When Memory Dies’, Ambalavanar Sivanandan, lived. There were certain landmarks mentioned about in that village, which my father went crazy over. Later, we went to a friend’s place, a friend of my father and uncle. We talked, went to a Tamil restaurant, ate dinner and came back to the villa. Later, we went to see the Naguleshwaram kovil and Keeramalai, where the pond, which is said to have morphed a prince and princess’s horse heads into beautiful human heads and also turned the princess pregnant in a different situation, was situated. That pond though. It was crystal clear! Like, you could see the bottom with no difficulty. And there was the North Sea.

Day 3:-
The day we came back, after a little bit more of sight-seeing. We saw King Sangiliyan's minister’s house, complete with a kitchen, a crystal clear well, and a second floor, which was only, rows of wood as we saw it.



We saw the beaches around. We came along the road to our homes after a visit to Thalai Mannar.


 I learnt that there is a regular train service up to that point from Colombo Fort.
Okay, there's a railway.There had been a ferry service to India, Dhanushkodi. Now, here's my question 🤔:
WHY CAN'T WE CREATE A TOURIST DESTINATION OUT OF IT? Like, we could renovate the jetty and have a ferry service again. Now which tourist would not like to see that? How easy would it be, travelling to India? Oh, all the benefits! I ask you, instead of making huge buildings worth many rupees for nothing, why don't we rebuild this place, for the same value maybe, for something, as in, a tourist destination?
The way back was amazing, though. For the first time, we got into traffic, of cattle. 😂


We got back home by 11:00 pm. The end.
Oh, before I forget;
🎄🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!🎄🎄



(P.S.:- I know I published this later, but still, I wish you all a happy new year)

Comments

  1. "instead of making huge buildings worth many rupees for nothing, why don't we rebuild this place, for the same value maybe, for something, as in, a tourist destination?" Well said duwa... Really value what you said... The sad part is politicians have no brain to capture those unless they get something to their pockets and for their next campaign..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it appears that you have had an interesting and an enjoyable trip. Plus adding some youthful wisdom to observations - How about the famous Adam's Bridge connectivity - Rio Ice cream is so famous and now you have a branch at Wellawatte too. You must taste and see. What gives Rio Ice cream a distinct flavor.... Did you see the railway station and check for numbers of travelers etc. Add some more details to pictures when you take ...why not a picture diary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bear Family

BTS Burns The Stage!

The story of Dustice