Society....hear me out!


I wanted to talk about a real topic right now.
When you hear gender equality, what comes first to mind? Equal rights for both genders and that sort. Okay, let’s say we got that. Are you sure?
Society still mocks all types; females, homosexuals included. Still the gender barrier is there, still people wrong homos, and racism? Going rampant on the streets, it is. Let me take you through the details.
1.      1. Gender barrier
Yup, it’s still there. Women are still considered weak, passive, and worse, a burden. A burden every family wants to remove through marriage to somebody. Don’t deny it. I’m sure you can see it wherever you go, not only India. Still, norms exist. Those stupid norms made by NARROW-MINDED people, I’d like to call it, still prevail. Those misconceptions nobody wants to let go of for their own greed. I ask you, what is so big a problem to not let your girl learn? And I’m talking about boyfriends who don’t let their girlfriends study, husbands preventing their wives from going to their dream jobs, families not letting their girls study because………they are girls?! They don’t NEED to study because they will eventually marry and become house-wives?!?! NAH-UH!! WOMEN ARE NOT TOOLS!!! THEY ARE HUMANS WHO HAVE THE SAME HEARTS AS ANYONE!!! I mean even I cannot believe a male teacher in my school literally said that the female gender is a cold-hearted kind, no-brainers and nothing but trouble. When people in MY SCHOOL say such things, how can I possibly think that the world has changed for the better? (By the way, school equals the society. You should know why.)
2.    2.   Homosexuality

Ellen

Alan


Now this I wanted to talk about, a long time ago.
Homos are actual humans who know what love is. So what’s the problem? Oh yes, they show interest in the same gender. But how is it a problem? “It’s different from the usual way,” “It’s against God’s will,” and blah- blah- blah. Yes, they are different. So what? Okay, the very famous and amazing comedian Ellen DeGeneres is gay. Do I hear an earthquake? No. Do I see the end of the world? No. But what do I see? Many people laughing their heads off after listening to her jokes and having a great day. I’m talking out of experience.
There’s nothing bad in being gay. It’s just people don’t understand them, mock them, judge them real hard and the person ends up in suicide, most of the time. And do you know what annoys me the most? People ASSUMING that someone is gay, just by looking at their appearance.
Why do these problems occur? Because we are too busy being occupied in our own worlds and forgetting there is a bitter reality. We are so self centered that we don’t even think of understanding people. I’d say we are too lazy to even accept different people, let alone understand. So people can’t open up and ... it’s like the poem ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’:
The caged bird stands on a grave of dreams
Don’t judge people based on their gender, sexual orientation or religion and race, because, if you were in their shoes, how would you feel? No matter what happens, even they are humans, and there is a thing called ‘humanity’ which is rotting away in a corner. What do you think you should do?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bear Family

BTS Burns The Stage!

The story of Dustice